woohooooo!!! can't wait to get mine!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

engine sprocket change for XR200...

the first time I experienced this problem was 3 yrs ago, we were on our way home from my grandparents place; Bogo, Cebu. As we were cruising barangay Sogod... all of a sudden my bike
isn't responding to my gas.. revved up the gas and changed the gear... nothing happened.. since it was almost dark we decided to just pull the bike home using another bike... 

To make the story short.. it wasn't really engine related.. it was just the engine sprocket got eaten by the engineshaft.. I hope you know what I mean!

For the past 3 years, this happened to me few times and another 1 just last week. For this post I will just be showing easy to do this with the right tools and spare parts.

I got everything prepared for this operation: got my spare 14T engine sprocket from Reliance Motors Lapu Lapu City; 24mm open Wrench; 10mm ratchet wrench; 



Lets do this quick: I had to make access to the engine sprocket area so I have to open the engine sprocket access area. Loosen the rear tire to get the chain loose... see pics as reference.





Next step would be to loosen the 2 bolts holding that thing locking the engine sprocket in place.


After taking the parts apart, I noticed that the engine sprocket didn't wear as much as it did before. Checked the drive shaft and it looks good too.. I then turn to the last possible culprit.


Good thing after experiencing similar problem before. I was able to bring with me spare parts.


So took the old engine sprocket out and put everything back in.. now I'm ready to roll!

Here's the pic of the old engine sprocket.

Thanks... hope this helps! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazada Philippines